Monumentous got added to my vocabulary yesterday. It was used by a CNN reporter when I was listening, live, while driving kids to and fro to their Saturday activities.
I was hoping that someone had taken all the aerial shots -of the sea of people who participated in all the marches- and put them all together in one big collage. I’m hopeful that is coming soon. For now… this is my visual of Monumentous…
I have a notebook to jot down ideas for this blog. I pulled it out and started jotting down my takeaways as I was listening and watching the live feed back at home.
- Gloria Steinem’s speech “We the PEOPLE”
- Scarlett Johansson’s PASSION
- Alicia Keys FIRE
- Boston – NYC -Oakland – Chicago – all the underestimates of participation
- Pink Sea – Seattle aerial 11:08am (took my breath away)
- Los Angeles Aerial 11:09am (I grew up there….worked near Pershing Square)
- Pink Hats
- “It’s a march that is so big, they can’t march”.
- “Shows how democracy could and should work”.
- “Squandered last two months…”
- I live in a country where this CAN and DID come TOGETHER.
I was one of those who HID during the election season. As the weekend comes to an end, I am committing to being more active. I don’t know that that will look like (besides that fact I will be sober during the adventure)…
At the very least, it is time for me to write my leaders who have decision making power.